This project was conceptualized following numerous studies and field experiences that have shown varying degrees of challenges encountered by women in their entrepreneurial operations. It has also been perceived as a crucial instrument to address these challenges faced by women entrepreneurs in both formal and informal business activities.BIAWE Project will be piloted in 8 countries, including Malawi, under the NEPAD Spanish Fund. Adapting COMESA Programme Approach, the project will be implemented in close collaboration with COMESA Cluster Development Programme.
Main activities are as follows:
- Incubation support (i.e. facilitate procurement of processing or manufacturing equipment/machinery for training purposes)
- Establishment of Incubator Houses/ Trade Hubs
- Provision of onsite processing and manufacturing methods
- Technical and business skills training for women entrepreneurs
- Facilitation of access to finance (Credit Guarantee Scheme in collaboration with PTA Bank; Economic Empowerment Fund)
- Policy review concerning women entrepreneurs